Tuesday, August 5, 2008

mas/more (I wonder what it is in French)

I am finally using my laptop with the wireless at school. Woohoo. I'll keep this post short, but I wanted to share more pics with y'all.






Okay, so my computer is being really weird and not letting me see the images so the captions are down here.
1. My lovely tent/bed.
2. a lizard at school; There are a lot of them, and they are surprisingly quite quick.
3. a flame tree; I love the color.
4. the soccer field and track at school; I guess this is as green as it'll get.

More things I've learned and haven't shared:
1. You pay for a taxi ahead of time and it's rude for them to ask for more money (although Danielle and I have had it happen). It costs around $5 for a 10 minute ride (I think).
2. Surprisingly we can do a lot without electricity. It has gone out every day, but it isn't too bad unless you're trying to updage a blog or sleep. :)
3. Too much bleach is definitely a bad thing! We filter our water and we add bleach. My first batch was fine but my second was not. Ouch!

Until next time...

3 comments:

K said...

Looks and sounds like an interesting experience!! Are you in Mexico?

K said...

Oops, nevermind. You're in Africa right?

Unknown said...

Hi Annie!

I LOVE your blog and all of the photos you've been putting up. It's really giving me a feel of your new home and life as you're experiencing it! Keep it coming!
Miss you!