Saturday, January 10, 2009

quick thoughts

Highlights of Break:
-Having so much time with my family
-Seeing old roomies, colleagues, students, and friends
-Being able to continue great relationships that were formed in Tipton
-Sledding
-Iowa fb victory
-Having parents who are amazing cooks
-Eating roast and potatoes four times
-Graeters, apple dumplings, Baklava, peanut butter balls, fudge, caramel corn, etc
-blueberry pie shake from Hamburg Inn
-cutting down the Christmas tree
-having soft hair (no soft hair in Africa)

Lowlights
-not having my Gma Hall home
-Ice, ice, and more ice whenever I was traveling
-The Detroit airport
-MM’s injury
-sledding over the cherry tree

Saddening things
-seeing the self-centeredness and “victim” mentality that is permeating more and more of society
-seeing what people fill their lives with in order to be happy

Overall it was a fabulous vacation. It was great to spend time with my amazing family and to catch up with people who have helped me become who I am today. I love Iowa, but I know right now that God wants me to make my home in Africa.

No comments: