Monday, January 26, 2009

making my daddy proud

Softball started up Saturday. What a day. We won both of our games (both shutouts) which brings our record to 6-2. Woot! Woot!

I played catcher for the very first time. It's not that hard b/c the ball has to bounce on the plate and wooden piece around it for it to be a strike. Well, it's not supposed to be hard at least. The very first warmup throw, I took it hard off the ankle. My leg went partially numb and I now have a nice knot to show. Needless to say, I iced it and played through the pain.

In the first game, the other team had bases loaded and the batter hit it back to the pitcher. The pitcher tossed it high so I had to stretch into the baseline but fortunately the player coming home was nice and took the fall instead of knocking me over. (He is a nice DA student :) ).

In the second game, we had a stellar play between us girls. There was a single to right field. The rightfielder tossed it to the second baseman. The player at third decided to test the 2nd baseman's arm so he ran. She threw it home to me, and I stretched to get the batter out by inches. This was the first game us girls wore our 2-in-1 baseball socks so we figure it must be the socks...lol...

Other newsworthy things from Saturday:
1. I got my first hit to the outfield. Granted it rolled out there but it made it past the infield.
2. One of our opponents lost part of her hair while sliding into third (hairpiece)
3. I was warming up with the bat and hit the backstop pole. Not cool...

3 more weekends of softball...but who's counting ;)

1 comment:

MaryD said...

YES!! I was a witness, the all-girl play was awesome! Pictures will be up soon~!