Monday, December 14, 2009

finals week

It's finals week. It's kind of an odd setup for my classes. Most of my classes fall at the end of the exam slots so I'm free at the beginning and then have to cram to finish things at the end. It could be worse though. I could be grading essays. ;)

I am gearing up for my roadtrip to Mali. It shall be interesting. I saw the vehicles we will have to take. Eight people will be in a station wagon...hmm...adventure? Fortunately I will have good company, plus some motion-sickness pills.

I haven't been feeling well the past couple weeks-some stomach bug. It's weird to run through the progression of illnesses-virus, worm, parasite, etc. I'm hoping for the first one, but I have taken a worm treatment just to be safe. Gross I know, but it's reality.

I have had many Christmas parties and time to prepare for this festive holiday. I watched Miracle on 34th Street in black and white last night. It reminds me so much of my Grandma Pettit. We always watched that movie at her house. Remember Joe? ;)

It is getting cooler around here. The thermometer on my alarm clock reached 79 degrees for the first time all semester. The air is very dry and the cool breeze makes it feel nice. I do miss the seasons, but at least we have this change in the weather.

Not much else is new. Just treasuring the moments I have, the friends I've made all over the world, and the fact that it's Jesus' birthday.

Much love from Senegal
AP

No comments: