Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ovens to the extreme

What to write on the blog…I seem at a loss. What’s new…hmm…

Well, I don’t think I mentioned my scary stove incident. We have a new oven, and it burns quite hot. (With our oven thermometer, what should have been 325 º turned out to be 500 º). Anyways, the pilot light does not stay lit so we have to light it each time we use it. I went to light it the other day, and I hear this loud whoosh and this gas ball comes out. (My roomie was even in the other room and she thought the door had slammed.) Fortunately I had my glasses on and I pulled back, but I still got singed. My eyelashes, some of my eyebrows and hair were burned. I am just thankful nothing worse happened. Needless to say, we have figured out another way to light our oven.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh dear. Sorry about your singeing. :) We had a similar situation last spring. My roommate forgot she'd turned on the gas for a second and then remembered and lit it. Bad idea. She didn't get burnt, but the whole stove jumped from the force of the explosion. Aren't we all feeling particularly happy to be alive right now? :)