Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Greatest Show on Dirt

I absolutely love the CWS. It's a great event with an electric atmosphere. It's hard to put into words really. I enjoy seeing the series again through the eyes of first timers as they look wide-eyed at this event known as the CWS in Omaha, Nebraska. If you've never been, I urge you to come. Next year is the last year of Rosenblatt Stadium.

Some highlights from last night:

Hi this is Hannah. I have never written on a blog before! Annie said to write anything so I will tell you about the CWS game we went to last night. First of all I have to say this "Hook em longhorns!" anyway last night we got home at 11:50 at night! Second of all I got two for one cotton candy! yum! Third of all I got 9 autographs from the Virgina bullpen plus I got Robin Ventura's autograph, whoever that is?!? Annie just said I should get his autograph so I did! Tomorrow we are going to Chicago to see Joe! I will let Annie tell you the rest! See ya!Hannah

Isn't my little sister adorable? Last night we attended a great CWS game. I took my sis and one of her friends. We got there early enough for autographs and many of the Virginia players signed. The UVA relief pitchers were playing this crazy warmup game where several balls were tossed at once so we found that quite entertaining. I hope to post the video on facebook.

The game went 12 innings so the girls got to see many of the players who signed their program. It was an amazing game with Arkansas hitting a ninth-inning, two-out homerun to send it into extra innings. They eventually pulled it out in the 12th, but UVA had their chances.

In the bottom of the 12th, there was a foul ball hit down our way. Marvin and Dustin Benning were there with us so Marvin yelled to Darr (who hit the RBI double in the top of the inning) for him to throw it to the two little girls. Dustin caught it and Hannah P (dot) graciously gave it to Hannah L (dot). I guess that whole sequence of events was on ESPN! The girls were so excited (almost as excited as the two-for-one cotton candy) ;)

2 comments:

Youram said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

Um, I'm pretty sure this post is in English, but there's a lot of stuff I don't understand. Just FYI.