Wednesday, April 22, 2009

the things I seem to leave out

There seem to be a number of things that happen that I forget to write about here.

For example, friends and I were looking for Goree Island several weeks ago. We got lost and stopped to ask for directions by pointing at the brochure. The guy we asked immediately jumped into the car with us to show us the way. (I was told this could happen.)

I am house sitting for 1.5 weeks. I consider it my trial run at parenting. So far so good...I think. At least we're both still in one piece. I had a slight disappointment though. I wanted to make us really good smoothies. I had the recipe all ready to go. It was from a missionary that was an amazing cook. Unfortunately the recipe flopped b/c it tasted a lot like banana. We don't like banana flavored things. We were so excited for smoothies too. Sadness.

The sand is starting to get pretty deep. My roomie and I got stuck in it with a truck. Fortunately there were a bunch of vendors selling sunglasses and they pushed us out.

That's it for now...I think ;)

No comments: