Thursday, March 19, 2009

That last day of school feeling…

Today we celebrated Π Day in three classes. Let me give a word of advice if you are a sugar addict like me…do not schedule 3 parties in a row. We started at 12:10. By the time 2:20 hit, I had consumed:
*1 rice krispie bar
*2.5 pieces of pie
*2 brownies
*1 piece of cake
*1 cookie
*popcorn
*chips
*4 pieces of licorice.
*3 small glasses of pop
*1 antacid ;)

I never like to see food left because people go through the trouble of making it. At least that’s what I tell myself…lol.

During my last class, we had a fire drill. My class was excited for the party so we didn’t understand the voice telling us to evacuate. We thought it was a lockdown drill so we closed the windows, bolted the door, and sat on the floor behind my desk and table. Then I realized it was a fire drill so we bolted up and got outside. I am proud to say my kids did two drills in the time we were supposed to spend on one. Talent I say…

We have two weeks of Spring Break. The first few days will be spent at a resort in Saly which is right on the ocean. I will have 4+ days of relaxation and fellowship with other C&MAers. Plus we will get 4+ days of French buffets. Ooo la la.

Then I will come back for a night and then head up north in Senegal to ride camels and camp in the desert! We will be in a setting where there will be large sand dunes and nothing else around. I am so excited. I remember fondly the stories my grandma would tell me as a child of her dad riding camels in Lebanon.

I am thankful for these breaks and a chance to fellowship with people. This has been a busy and emotionally trying quarter, but God has seen me through. He is so faithful.

I can’t wait to tell you all about my adventures.

Much love…
AP

No comments: