Sunday, March 8, 2009

randomness

It's been a while. I actually had written something last week, but the computer didn't save it. I honestly didn't want to write something for a while because I didn't want anything on top of the post about my grandma. I know I must continue pressing on so I decided to write a post of some of my favorite things about life in Senegal. These are just spontaneous things that are popping into my head as I write.

*Fresh fruit, especially pineapple. I love that it's pineapple season.

*Long socks. I think if I was younger, I'd play soccer just to wear the socks. ;)

*Facebook. It has been a great way to stay in touch with so many people.

*Friendships that continue to grow across borders, oceans, etc.

*The ocean. It's starting to warm up again and I can't wait until trips to the beach become part of the weekly Sunday routine again.

*Fanta Lemon. I'm not a big pop drinker, but this is one pop I could drink regularly.

*Getting to know new people, especially missionary women. I hope some of the friendships that have started will continue to grow.

*Beans. I know. Weird. I just never liked beans much before I came. I have come to appreciate rice and beans, lentils and rice, etc.

*Being able to run outside all year round.

Well, church is starting soon so I must bring this to a close.
Much love.

2 comments:

daddio said...

annie, we knew you would come to appreciate lentils and rice. HA HA
(inside joke)

Leslie said...

That's interesting because I never liked beans until I had them made outside of the U.S. either. And I second the motion on fresh pineapple. The things we missed, growing up in the midwest! :)