Friday, August 19, 2011

One week down...How many more?

Well, we successfully made it through the first week of school. Yay! I told my students that today I felt jet lagged, and I hadn't even traveled anywhere. :) Honestly, it feels good to get back into the routine. I can't believe I am in my sixth year of teaching. It's been fun to reflect on how I've grown and yet, realize how much more I want to grow. I am trying some new things this year. My big project is Standards-Based Grading for Geometry and Algebra II. I'm sure I'll be blogging about that as the year goes on. I'm also serving as a mentor for a new teacher. I look forward to this role. I miss mentoring students like I did in Africa.
It should be an exciting year. There is one certainty in education--you never know what the day will hold! :)

No comments: