Thursday, April 29, 2010

oh to be a kid again

Random comment before I begin...the blog page came up in English. Wahoo! (Usually it comes up in French and I have to guess which button to push.)

Do you ever have those days when you wish you were a little kid? When you just want to fold your arms and ignore the world around you? As an adult, those days stink because you know you can't do that. Christ still calls us to be righteous, to turn the other cheek, and to keep living for Him. I must admit, I have had days here when that's tough. For perhaps the first time in my life, I really have to rely on the fact that my worth is from nothing else but Christ. His opinion of me is the only one that matters. While the barrage of opinions, advice/criticism, etc pours in, I must find myself in His arms. That's hard for me. As a people pleaser, it's painful to know that I can't please everyone. No matter how hard I try, I can't do it here. And perhaps that is one of the biggest lessons God is trying to teach me.

No comments: