Friday, May 15, 2009

have your cake and eat it too

I was in charge of making birthday treats today. I made the famous crumb cake that calls for….drum roll…a box mix. My roomie commented, “Whoa Annie. You’re going all out.” It sounds funny that box cakes are a treat, especially since we have homemade (as in from scratch) cakes quite frequently. There’s just something about a box cake here that makes it melt in your mouth and taste like the most wonderful dessert. I guess that can be said about a number of American foods, especially peanut butter. I think it’s the transatlantic travel…it infuses something into the product…lol.

I’m so excited to come home. It’s hard to believe I’ll be home in about 3 weeks. Sometimes I feel like I just blinked and the entire semester passed.


The fridge drama continues…we are now back to living out of a freezer for the rest of the year. I’ll let you know how it goes.

More to come from life in Senegal…

2 comments:

Luis Portugal said...

Hello, I like the blog.
It is beautiful.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from Portugal

Erin said...

Annie,
I had to comment because I surprisingly have had many parallel experiences living in rural Alaska. While we can buy box cake mix here, it's nearly $5 a box. Everything here is crazy expensive, so I have learned to appreciate the little things in life, like boxed cake. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Hope you're doing well!